Single “Tilt” Slider
Glengrove Single “Tilt” Slider Window
Glengrove Single “Tilt” Sliders have been designed to meet the demands of todays energy efficient homes and our harsh winter climates. The Glengrove Single “Tilt” Slider has the same design features as the Double “Tilt” Slider, multi-cambered extrusions, triple seal weather-striping, exclusive sloped sill design and heavy duty hardware. The main difference is that the exterior sash has been fixed in place to even further enhance it’s overall performance.
The interior sash “tilts” in for easy and safe cleaning from inside your home and the specially designed half screen is also simply removed from the inside, no more dangerous ladders or step stools.
Glengrove Single “Tilt” Sliders may be used as single units where large glass expanses are required with maximum ventilation or banked in multiple units or with picture windows for stunning and spectacular “window walls”.
Glengrove Single “Tilt” Slider Window Premium Features
- Multi-chambered frame and sash for strength, stability and superior insulating properties
- Full 7/8″ Insulating Glass with high performance Low-E glass and Premium “S” Class White SuperSpacer are a standard feature
- Fusion-welded corners on frame and sash for unsurpassed strength and stability
- 3 1/4″ standard frame depth
- Positive action die-cast lock and keeper
- Insta-Lock positive action shoe and steel pivot pins prevent sash from twisting and moving in the open position
- Interior sash “tilts” out for easy and safe cleaning from inside your home, exterior sash is fixed
- Triple seal weather-stripping provides superior protection against air and water infiltration
- Exterior sash night latches - OPTIONAL
- Recessed “tilt” latches for a clean, smooth appearance
- Wet glazing system and a co-extruded flexible seal on the exterior of the sash prevents leaks and enhances structural integrity.
- 1″ overlap interlock system for added protection against the elements
- Double walled, contoured pull rail on the interior sash for strength and ease of operation
- High performance sloped sill, with interior and exterior drainage cavities, designed to keep water out
- Half screen conveniently designed to be removed from inside the home
- CERTIFIED CSA – A440-00 TEST DATA
- A (air) A2/FIXED
- B (water) 3
- C (structural) 2
- SCREEN - S1 FORCED ENTRY - F10
- ER - 30 “U” - 0.32 “R” - 3.10
Glengrove casement windows are energy star certified.
The addition of Argon Gas to the insulating glass of your new window will result in the reduction of heat loss through the glass and an overall increase in energy efficiency of the window.
Argon Gas, most commonly used in household lightbulbs is a clear, non toxic and non flammable gas that is denser than air. The gas is pumped into the air space of the insulating glass unit and displaces the air trapped between the two sheets of glass during the manufacturing process.
Since the thermal conductivity of this inert gas is lower than air, heat loss is reduced and energy efficiency is improved.
One other benefit of Argon Gas is that there is some reduction of sound transmission through the insulating glass unit.
All Glengrove windows are available in two solid colours (the same colour in and out) an off white sometimes referred to as “Painters White” and a solid cream/ivory. Solid colours are extruded with the pigment throughout the profile.
NOVABOND Paint System: Oran has an “in-house” paint facility that uses a waterborne coating system developed Evotech, a company that specializes in high end coatings for plastics and metals. The Novabond paint system is environmentally safe since it contains no solvents that escape into the air during the painting process. All Glengrove windows are available painted on the exterior using the NOVABOND paint system. There are currently 27 stock colours available. Other than the 25 standard colours we can match almost any colour, all we need is a colour sample. Your Glengrove dealer can help you with colour selections and submitting samples for colour matching.
All Glengrove windows may be ordered with internal decorative grills in a range of profiles, colours and patterns.
There are a number of options in bar profiles, sizes and colours.
1/4″ x 5/8″ Flat Aluminum, 3/8″ x 5/8″ Contoured (Georgian) Aluminum, 5/16″ Round Pencil Aluminum and 5/16″ Rectangular Pencil.
Most internal grills are available in White, Cream, Brass and Pewter as well as split colours (different interior and exterior) on the 1/4″ x 5/8″ Flat Aluminum bar.
There are many options that can be added to your Glengrove windows that are not listed above. The following are only a few of the many additions and enhancements that are available.
- Tinted glass available in Bronze or Grey tint
- Custom leaded glass designs
- Triple glazing
- Keyed locks available on most window styles
- Security locks on many window styles
Privacy Glass (Obscure)
Oran carries five stock patterns of obscure glass from which insulating glass units can be made. It is important to understand that in most cases some detail can be seen through ALL obscure glass patterns. The closer you are to the glass the more detail can be seen from the exterior.
- Pinhead: 100% Coverage In A Pattern Resembling Rough Sandpaper.
- Glue Chip: Looks like frost on a sheet of glass, some clear spots.
- Silvit: 100% coverage pattern in vertical, deep rough lines.
- Sycamore: A leaf pattern with some clear areas.
- Flemish: A rippled water effect that is clear and shows a lot of detail.
- Delta: Random ridges and dips with some clear areas.
- Clear Reeded: Vertical lines about 3/4″ wide glass is clear, shows a lot of detail.
- Obscure Reeded: Vertical lines about 3/4″ wide with a 100% rough finish, shows the least detail, much like Pinhead Obscure.
- Clear Georgian Polished Wire: Clear 1/4″ glass with a wire grid in the glass, 100% see through.
- Obscure Georgian Polished Wire: Obscure 1/4″ glass with a wire grid in the glass, some detail will show close up.
- Granite: Rough concrete-like texture, no clear spots but some detail will show.
Simulated Divided Lites (SDL)
SDL grills are PVC profiles that replicate the look of small individual panes of glass. They are applied to the interior and exterior glass surfaces with a specially designed tape and are guaranteed not to delaminate for the life of the window. In order to further replicate the look of individual lites of glass there is an internal aluminum grill inside the sealed unit that is covered by the SDL grills. The look of the finished product is so close to the “real thing” it would take an expert to tell the difference.
Glengrove windows have a number of grill sizes available that are specific to certain styles. Double Hung, Single Hung, Tilt and Lift Out Sliders are available ONLY with the small SDL bar that is 7/8″ wide. Casement, Awning and Fixed windows are available with either the 7/8″ SDL bar or a 1 1/16″ and 2 1/8″ SDL bar.
In most cases the 2 1/8″ SDL bar is used as a horizontal divider and the 7/8″ and 1 1/16″ SDL bars are used as the actual grill pattern.
In Soft Coat Low-E, (sometimes called sputter coated Low-E) there are multiple layers of optically transparent silver sandwiched between layers of metal oxide in a vacuum chamber. This process provides the highest level of performance and a nearly invisable coating.
The advantages of Soft Coat Low-E are:
- highly visible light transmission
- Ultra-low emissivities giving optimum winter “U” values
- up to 70% less UV transmission compared with standard clear glazing
- Opticaly clear with minimal colour haze
All Glengrove windows are available with interior and exterior accessories to visually enhance the appearance of the window or make installation and finishing a simple task.
Exterior accessories include a variety of brickmould and sill extension profiles and interior accessories include wood or PVC jamb extensions and casings. Your Glengrove dealer will have samples of all the available parts.